What to do in Killarney in 2021
2020 was a strange year for all of us, we are now looking at 2021, let us take a look how we can enjoy some experiences in Killarney that will help us forget the negative side of 2020.
Why Killarney ?
The main reason is the space, the Great Outdoors it has to offer yet providing great options for accommodation, from camping to the top hotels.
Like most areas in Ireland they will be creating social distancing and the same is true in Killarney but then we feel Killarney has an advantage, its such a competitive town anyway each business will be doing their best to make your vacation in Killarney so memorable and that you feel safe.
Here are some fantastic places you can visit around Killarney:
Many of these can be reached by Driving and walking a short distance or by Walking and cycling from your accommodation.
- Muckross Abbey
- Torc Waterfall
- Dinis Cottage Tearooms very spacious
- Meeting of the Waters
- Muckross House and Gardens
- Ross Castle
- The Old Copper Mines
- Killarney House
- Deenagh house tea room
By Bike / e-bike
- Muckross & Dinis 17km
- Knockreer, Ross Castle, Copper Mines, Governor’s Rock and Library Point
- The Gap of Dunloe & a beautiful Boat trip
- Muckross Abbey, House & Gardens along with Torc Waterfall
Amazing places by Boat
- Innisfallen Island & Abbey, they say Brian Boru High King of Ireland was educated here.
- O’Sullivan’s Cascade
- Glena House
- Muckross House & Dinis Cottage
- Lord Brandons Cottage
Walking Trails in Killarney
- Torc Mountain
- Old Kenmare road
- Mossy woods
- Muckross & Dinis
- Blue Pool
- Ross Castle and the Copper Mines to Library Point
- Muckross Gardens
- Old Boathouse and Dundag Beach walk
Horse Riding in Killarney
- Great Trails in the Killarney National Park from Killarney Riding stables
Killarney has many Bike rentals, Camping sites, Guest houses, Hotels, outdoor seating that have very spacious areas so you can feel safe in 2020. The town of Killarney is open for Business and welcoming visitors back this summer.
Killarney is the Gateway to the Kingdom of Kerry
Here are just a few of the many great spots outside Killarney to visit in 2020
- The Gap of Dunloe
- The Kerry Cliffs
- Slea Head
- Rossbeigh Beach
- Inch Beach
- The Skellig Chocolate Factory
- Valentia Island
- Drive around Caragh Lake
Activities in Kerry, so many to mention here are a few
- Great Golf Courses
- Driving the Ring of Kerry & the Skellig Ring
- Mountain climbing
- Kayaking & Water Sports
- Whale Watching